Informational News : Delhi, the bustling capital of India, is a city steeped in history, culture, and countless stories. However, beyond its vibrant streets and historic monuments lies a darker side—a side that whispers tales of the supernatural. Delhi is home to several places with chilling legends and ghostly apparitions, making it a hotspot for paranormal enthusiasts. Join us on a spine-tingling journey as we uncover the top haunted places in Delhi and delve into the mysteries that shroud them.
1. Feroz Shah Kotla Fort: The Restless Emperor’s Abode
- Legend: This medieval fort, built by Feroz Shah Tughlaq in the 14th century, is said to be haunted by the restless spirit of the emperor himself. People claim to hear his voice and witness strange occurrences, especially on Thursdays.
- Stories: Visitors often offer candles, incense, and write letters to seek the emperor’s blessings or appease his spirit.
2. Jamali Kamali Tomb: A Haunting Melody
Image credit : Wikipedia
- Legend: Located in the Mehrauli Archaeological Park, this tomb is named after Sufi saints Jamali and Kamali. Visitors report eerie whispers, footsteps, and the sensation of being watched.
- Stories: Some say the spirits of the saints guard the tomb, while others believe it’s the restless soul of a jinn.
3. Sanjay Van: The Enchanted Forest
- Legend: This sprawling forest in the heart of Delhi is rumored to be haunted by a lady in white who lures travelers deeper into the woods. It’s also known for mysterious figures, strange sounds, and inexplicable occurrences.
- Stories: Locals avoid entering the forest at night, attributing these eerie phenomena to paranormal forces.
4. Delhi Cantonment Area: The Ghost of a Hitchhiker
- Legend: Along the Delhi Cantonment area, many have reported sightings of a ghostly hitchhiker who appears in front of vehicles, asking for a ride. When the driver turns to look back, the ghost vanishes.
- Stories: This spectral hitchhiker is believed to be a restless soul searching for a way home.
5. Khooni Nadi: The Blood-Red River
- Legend: The infamous Khooni Nadi, or “Bloody River,” flows beneath the Delhi Ridge. It’s associated with a dark past of sacrificial rituals and paranormal activities.
- Stories: Locals recount chilling tales of seeing blood-red water and hearing eerie cries along the river’s banks, especially during the night.
6. Delhi Ridge: Where the Dead Roam
- Legend: The Delhi Ridge, a vast forested area, is said to be inhabited by spirits of soldiers who perished in battle. Witnesses describe shadowy figures, phantom sounds, and an overwhelming feeling of being watched.
- Stories: Several paranormal investigators have explored this area, capturing unexplained phenomena on camera.
7. Malcha Mahal: The Palace of Solitude
- Legend: This dilapidated palace in the middle of the Sanjay Van once housed the reclusive Begum Wilayat Mahal and her children, who claimed to be the descendants of the exiled Nawab of Oudh. Some say their restless spirits still haunt the place.
- Stories: The family’s tragic history, seclusion, and bizarre rituals have fueled tales of paranormal activities in the palace.
Delhi’s haunted places are more than just stories; they are windows into the city’s enigmatic past and the mysteries that linger in its corners. While skeptics may dismiss these tales as folklore, the experiences of those who have encountered the inexplicable cannot be easily disregarded. Whether you’re a skeptic or a believer, exploring these haunted locations in Delhi promises an eerie adventure into the unknown, where the boundary between the living and the supernatural blurs, and where the shadows hold secrets waiting to be unveiled.
For the latest updates and news from the world, stay engaged with Clue info